Sunday, January 18, 2009

Photo Transfers Rock My World


i think i created a piece of art work in record time this week. eve
n after going to the gym 3 times this week, i was still able to accomplish this. usually, i get so stuck and hum and ha back and forth that it takes me close to 10 hours when it's all said and done just to complete a 4x5 piece of artwork. i think my success came from using a different subject matter, and a cool new technique.

this is the coolest-best-new technique for making photo transfers. courtesy of the book  The Complete Guide to Altered Imagery, i learned how to make simple transfers with a laser copy, clear contact paper and water. 
1. make a copy of any image with a laser copier
2. place the clear contact paper on top of your image and burnish it down real good
3. cut away the excess paper
4. soak the sheet in water and gently rub away the paper
5. presto! you have a clear transparency of your image, glue down with gel medium

this is the technique that i used for the cowboy and indian in the center, as well as the wagon wheel and arrows at the top.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

    I have an invitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego, and comment if you will.

    I think that you may enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog, hope to see you here soon and take care :)

    ReplyDelete